Answer the new QOTW!
You know the Top 40 songs that play incessantly in da club and on the radio, making your ears bleed every time you hear them? Well, I apologize if this is one of those for you. But after a reasonably long hiatus from hearing it, “Dance (A$$)” came up on my shuffle during one of my recent workouts and I couldn’t help but be inspired by its eloquent lyrics. Ok, not true, but it did pump me up and make me want to choreograph a lower body workout to it.
Take this high intensity lower body workout for a spin and let me know what you think! I’m working on more choreographed sequences for other areas of the body so in a few weeks, there will be a whole series of songs to twerk to. You might be tempted to push out a few squats if you hear one next time you’re out.
I know the intervals look a little awkward, but if you have any rhythm at all, you can probably sense when to change moves based on the breaks in the song.
- On the squats, be sure to stick your butt out on the way down. I mean, if you got it, flaunt it, right?
- At the top of the squat, squeeze your butt to make sure you’re working those muscles.
- The higher you jump during the jump squats, the more calories you’ll burn.
- For the cardio moves (high knees, butt kicks, jumping jacks, and jog), do it like you mean it. When it comes to exercise, you get what you put in.
need more burn?
- Grab some free weights and add a shoulder press to the top of each squat and a bicep hammer curl to the top of each lunge. You’ll burn more calories by working more muscle groups at a time.
- Add a calf raise to the top of each squat.
- Instead of regular jumping jacks, do squat jacks.