There’s a lot of really unglamorous behind-the-scenes action that goes on at The Slender Student HQ (my shared kitchen/IKEA desk; unglamorous in itself). Like, there’s nothing that cool about making make dinner at 4 PM so I can photograph it in my driveway against a white poster board background.
This is why Insta-Recipe week is going to rock. The recipes I’ll be sharing this week are from the meals I make myself on random weekdays with little to no planning and certainly no high quality photographs. Hope you guys are willing to sacrifice a little eye appeal for some quality, slender food.
For more iPhone filtered food porn glory, be sure to follow The Slender Student on Instagram.
Turkey Meatball Fettucine Alfredo
Calories: 309 | Fat: 10 g (Sat Fat: 3.2 g) | Carbohydrate: 21.8 g | Fiber: 6.5 g| Protein: 29.3 g
3-4 oz lean ground turkey
1 T liquid egg whites
1 T tomato purée
1 T bread crumbs
1 t minced garlic
1 t dried Italian herbs
1 package Tofu Shirataki noodles, drained according to directions on package
~1 C chopped vegetables of choice (pictured above are onions, mushrooms, and roasted eggplant)
1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss wedge
1 T fat free plain Greek yogurt
salt + pepper, to taste
PAM nonstick spray
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and coat a baking sheet with PAM.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg whites, tomato purée, bread crumbs, garlic, and Italian herbs. Using your hands, roll into 4-6 meatballs and place on to baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. While the meatballs are baking, heat a medium skillet coated with PAM over medium high heat. Sauté your chosen vegetables and then add the noodles. Stir to distribute veggies.
4. Add the Laughing Cow cheese and Greek yogurt to the noodles. Stir until both have melted and coated the noodles. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Top the noodles with the cooked meatballs and dig in!