Sorority rush is all about meeting people, finding your place in a new environment, and crossing your fingers that you still fit into the sundress you found on sale at Nordstrom’s in June. But with the stress of making small talk fourteen times over in one day and then ranking your favorite houses, it’s enough to induce a carboload of disastrous proportions. Keep it slender with these rush day meal suggestions that will keep you energized, and ready to tell every stranger you run into what your major is!
breakfast: aim for 300-400 calories with both protein and complex carbohydrates to keep you satisfied and peppy as ever.
- overnight oats: combine 1/2 C oats, 1/2 C milk, 1 1/2 T protein powder, 1 Splenda packet, 2 oz fruit in a lidded bowl and let rest over night. Top with 1/2 C Fiber One Original cereal in the morning when you’re heading out the door to meet your rush group!
- 1 C Fage 0% Greek yogurt, 1 C Fiber One, 1/2 C fruit, 1 Splenda
- Starbucks Turkey Bacon & White Cheddar Classic Breakfast Sandwich, Ham & Cheddar Artisan Breakfast Sandwich, or Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap
snack I: try and stick to about 100 calories for this little snack. It should be just enough to make sure you don’t succumb to the fourth or fifth party slump.
- Weight Watchers string cheese + 1/2 oz Wheat Thins Five-Grain
- a medium banana
- a couple of handfuls of pistachios (about 25)
lunch (300-400 calories)
- 3.5 oz deli turkey, tomato, lettuce, and mustard on 2 slices of Nature’s Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread + Weight Watchers string cheese (or Babybel Lite) + small apple
- Chipotle salad: lettuce, chicken, fajita peppers and onions, pico de gallo, corn, and guac or black beans
- Potbelly: Skinny TKY (no mayo) + Baked Lays
snack II: this snack should be a bit more substantial to get you through the pointing, cheering, and jumping of the tail end of parties. 150-200 calories of a combined carbohydrate and protein will be perfect.
- Kashi Golean Crunchy, Luna, Fiber One, Planter’s Nut-Rition, or Oatmega bars-3
- 20 oz Smoothie King smoothie (always make it skinny!), or a small Jamba Juice smoothie
- Hard boiled egg + whole grain crackers
- 1 oz Popchips + Babybel Lite cheese
- 3/4 C shelled edamame
- 6 oz Fage 0% + 2 clementines
dinner: hopefully you’re done house-hopping by the time dinner rolls around. Re-fuel with a 400 calorie meal.
- Frozen dinners: Amy’s Cheese & Pesto Pizza With Whole Wheat Crust, Healthy Choice Chicken Parmigiana, and Kashi Black Bean Mango is great for vegetarians.
- Panera Pick Two Asian Sesame Chicken Salad + Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken + Cheese Slenderdilla
** Go ahead and add a couple pieces of dark chocolate to these meals. You’ve deserve it.
- Apples can help clean your teeth and prevent bad breath, so it’s a good idea to end lunch with one.
- You’re going to be shaking hands and hugging a lot of people, so get lots of vitamin C from citrus fruits (oranges, clementines, grapefruit, etc.) to help keep your immune system strong.
- Stay hydrated and feeling full between meals with lots of water.
| Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |RSS | Bloglovin|