Want to get in my head? Check out the interview I did with The Odyssey at Indiana University.
So, it’s Friday. It’s been a long week and the last thing I want to do is spend the beginning of my weekend cooking some extravagant or dainty meal. Cue the RW2, Day 5 recipe. My Spicy Turkey Pasta is simple and filling, which makes it perfect Friday night (read: post-Thursday night on 6th Street) material.
Spicy Turkey Pasta
Calories: 382 | Fat: 3.2 g (Sat Fat: 0.5 g) | Carbohydrate: 59.0 g | Fiber: 12.3 g| Protein: 36.4 g
1.5 oz whole wheat pasta, dry
PAM Original nonstick spray
1 t minced garlic
1/3 C onion, chopped
1/3 C bell pepper, chopped
1/3 C mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 C baby spinach
3/4 C Prego Light Smart tomato sauce
4 oz extra lean ground turkey
1/4 T red chili pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a small pot of water to boil and cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box
2. If your turkey’s frozen, defrost it by microwaving for 30 seconds, flipping it, and microwaving it for another 30 seconds
3. In a medium skillet coated with PAM, cook your garlic, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms over medium heat until the onions are slightly translucent.
4. Add the spinach and cook until it’s slightly wilted. Set cooked veggies aside in a bowl
5. Re-coat your skillet with PAM and cook your turkey until it’s brownish-white throughout
6. Add the vegetables and Prego sauce to the pan, season with red chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Cover your cooked noodles with the sauce, cuddle up and enjoy
Oh… Have I left something out? I guess you miiight be curious about who won The Bar Method ATX + The Slender Student giveaway.
Congratulations to Lindsey Bank! You have won the 5 class pass to The Bar Method! I’ll be e-mailing you soon about how to claim your prize. Thank you to everyone who entered and I hope there will be many more giveaways on The Slender Student in the future!