This recipe was inspired by the raisins I happened to have in my pantry, the baby carrots I incidentally picked up at the grocery on Monday, Easter, and most importantly, my profound love of cake, whether it’s the pan or carrot variation.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Calories: 46.3 | Fat: 0.0 g (Sat Fat: 0.0 g) | Carbohydrate: 5.8 g | Protein: 5.6 g
1/3 C instant oats
1 t cinnamon
6 T liquid egg whites
1/3 C + 2 T fat free Greek yogurt (I like Fage 0%)
1/4 C shredded carrots
1 t vanilla extract
1 T raisins
2 T fat free cream cheese
1 packet Splenda or Truvia
optional: 1 T sugar free syrup
1. Combine the oats, cinnamon, egg whites, 1/3 C Greek yogurt, shredded carrots, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Stir in raisins and refrigerate your mix overnight.*
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together 2 T Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and sweetener until completely smooth. Refrigerate until your pancakes are ready to eat.
4. To cook the pancakes, heat a large skillet coated with PAM over medium heat and pour in the pancake batter, flipping after 3-5 minutes. Each pancake should be about ~1/4 of the batter.
5. Stack your pancakes with about 1-2 T of the frosting in between. Top with the remaining dollop and, if you’d like, a drizzle of syrup.
*The batter will be very thin at this point, hence the overnight refrigeration to give it time to thicken up. If you don’t got time fo’ dat, use only 3 T liquid egg whites and thicken with additional oats or flour if need be.